Black Hair Science: What is a healthy hair care regimen?
By now you have read about other types of hair care regimens, if not click here to learn more.
With the coveted healthy hair care regimen,
users will find that their hair progress is greater than the rate at which
their hair breaks down. Such that hair growth becomes hair retained at the end. In this
type of regimen, improvements in health and length is obvious over time.
This is the gold standard regimen in which hair flourishes.
Healthy hair care regiments promote one or more
of these basic principles:
- Carefully planned and strategic product selection.
- Optimal moisture levels maintained within the strands.
- Moisture sources balanced with adequate protein sources.
- Protection of hair shaft and ends from heat and physical damage.
- Low-manipulation hair styling.
- Natural hair - With no chemical processes or chemicals administered
no more than every ten to twelve weeks.
- Diet and body maintained at peak levels.
By reducing the hair’s exposure to outside
damage, this regimen ensures that hair growth and retention compliment one
another over an extended period of time. Remember that longer hair is always older hair and it has lost most of its natural protein and moisture over the
years. This older hair must receive sufficient moisture and protein
supplementation. Without strategic care, the hair will begin to dry out and
There is always a price to pay.
As most good things on this blue earth, it
requires effort to achieve healthy hair. That’s why you should always remember
that the one commodity, the common factor, that all people with healthy, long
hair share - no matter where you are
from, or your gender - is the time investment they have made in their hair.