Black Hair Science: What are Basic - Maintenance Regimens?
This regimen applies to those lacking knowledge
and maybe real interest in hair care. Hair choices are often made by default
and so is similar to recessive-maintenance regimens in both practice and
philosophy. The main difference is that with basic-maintenance regimen, the
hair is maintained just above the point of it losing its strength.
Hallmarks of a basic-maintenance regimen
- Hit - or - miss product selection and often incorrect product use.
- Very few moisture sources and/or greases and oils substituting for
- Infrequent hair cleansing and conditioning.
- protein sources used in excess.
- Direct heat used for daily styling (or more than once a week).
- High-manipulation styling with no protection of the hair shaft or
- Moderate relaxer use, every eight to ten weeks.
- Hair-coloring abuse.
- Infrequent hair trimming or abundant hair trimming that is not in
sync with the hair’s growth rate.
This type of regimen keeps your hair from
growing to its full potential. It could be stuck at shoulder length for years
and years. Followers of basic-maintenance regimens depend on the natural
strength of their hair fibres to compensate for a lot of hair flaws and recover
from their poor hair care.
Click here for tips on a regimen that can help
to improve your hair quality.