Recipe of the Week: SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN HASH WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGES
Here's a quick sweet potato meal you could prepare to excite your taste buds.
- 3 cups sweet potato - diced (675g)
- 1/2 cup of black beans (86g)
- 4 thin chicken sausages
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 red peppers (Tatashe) (small)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in pan, add half of the onions and the cut sausages. Fry for a few minutes and then remove from pan.
- Add more oil to pan and add the sweet potatoes, onion, pepper, salt, paprika and cumin. Mix throughly.
- Toss and combine until sweet potatoes are browned on the outside, then cover with a tight lid and check regularly till potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the sausages and black beans and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and heated through.
- Create a well and carefully crack egg in the wells and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Cover with tight lid for a few mins so egg can cook.
Serve hot! You can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For more information and updates follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Like our Page on Facebook!
Remember to subscribe for more hints and tips from Lifeland.